Recent Twitter micro-blog posts on Willimon, Peterson, Hauerwas, Parenting, Obama, TV and Ash Wednesday
Dear People who watch my Blog,
I have been using Twitter since August to write down micro-blog posts. I have tried to keep them around the theme of church leadership like my blog. Each “tweet” is only 140 characters. I try to provide something of value and not just tell you what I had for breakfast. Anyway, I just thought I would post the last 20 here as a sampler platter. See below.
- You can follow me by setting up a Twitter account. You yourself need not actually post any tweets, you can just follow people.
- Or, you can subscribe to my tweets by RSS feed such as Google Reader.
- Or you can just click on my Twitter page and scroll through my posts.
- I have also attached a Microsoft Excel document with all my past Tweets if you want to scroll through them this way. Download CSV file of all AndyRowell Twitter posts up until today
Twitter user advice:
- I used storytlr to make the backup CSV (Excel) document.
- http://tinyurl.com/ is a website which makes a long url into a short url. For example: http://www.andyrowell.net/andy_rowell/2009/03/advice-about-duke-thd-and-phd-programs-in-theology.html can be changed into http://tinyurl.com/bkatdf
- There is a TinyUrl Creator Firefox Add-On which helps you do this easily. You have to be using Mozilla Firefox which is a great (free) internet browser (faster than Internet Explorer). In Firefox, once you have TinyUrl Creator installed, you just go to Tools . . . TinyUrl Creator . . . From Current URL
You can see my Twitter category for my past thoughts on Twitter. I used to think it was really narcissistic but I now think it is not that much more narcissistic than writing blogs, doing Facebook, writing articles, writing books and striking up a conversation with someone. In each case, you have something to say and you hope the interaction might be edifying to someone so you put it out there.
Last 20 Twitter posts ("Tweets"):
The most recent Twitter micro-blog post is at the top.
- 2 of 2 part tweet: Hauerwas: "Yes those things. But he [Willimon] has people mad at him--he is doing a good job!"2 minutes ago from web
- 1 of 2 part tweet: Hauerwas thinks Willimon is doing a good job as bishop. I said, "But he is focusing on leadership and effectiveness!"4 minutes ago from web
- I have been thinking about our children learning more from our example and values than our parenting style. That gets you thinking.8 minutes ago from web
- Hauerwas told me a dissertation on church practices with Yoder & Newbigin or a 1 Corinthians theological commentary could work. He's kind.9 minutes ago from web
- What do I mean that Hybels and Hauerwas are not that far apart? Read Resident Aliens coauthor Will Willimon's blog http://tinyurl.com/ybj69211:59 PM Mar 10th from web
- Someday maybe I will write a book on Eugene Peterson and get to pore over all his work in the process.11:43 PM Mar 10th from web
- My prof Hauerwas called Hybels & Willow Creek heretical at the end of http://tinyurl.com/b9jp6c That's too bad--they are not that far apart.11:42 PM Mar 10th from web
- William Stringfellow was mentioned by Eugene Peterson, Ken Carder, Ben Myers and Halden Doerge this week. Seems like a guy I should read.11:32 PM Mar 10th from web
- Andy is reading a lot of Karl Barth and D. Bonhoeffer these days. See also a few funny quotes by our kids at http://www.andyrowell.net/k...11:14 PM Mar 10th from web
- I did a long new blog post Advice about Duke Th.D. and Ph.D programs in theology http://tinyurl.com/bkatdf answering FAQ's I get.8:01 AM Mar 7th from web
- Comparing Stanley Hauerwas and Stanley Grenz http://tinyurl.com/b9so3n11:39 PM Mar 4th from web
- Today in Local Church in Mission we are watching portions of ABC 20/20 on Appalachia http://tinyurl.com/cxn2528:47 AM Mar 4th from web
- Snow day--no school at Duke--high today of 33 but Friday high of 67 forecast.8:14 AM Mar 2nd from web
- Bonhoeffer ponders Romans 9:1f. Paul is willing to be damned for the sake of his people. He loves God that much (Sanctorum Communio 184-5).11:35 PM Feb 27th from web
- Reading Bonhoeffer's dissertation Sanctorum Communio on ecclesiology. http://tinyurl.com/b9r8hk A tough read; ideas also in Life Together.11:21 PM Feb 27th from web
- "Nielsen’s . . . reports that the average American watches more than 151 hours of TV per month, an all-time high." http://tinyurl.com/cmv4nx9:38 PM Feb 25th from web
- Nielsen gives the latest stats about TV watching. No sign of decline. http://tinyurl.com/b2rcbt9:35 PM Feb 25th from web
- My review of book "No Perfect People Allowed" by John Burke. Stories about church where outsiders find Jesus. http://tinyurl.com/bzze2t9:00 PM Feb 25th from web
- Obama's style: "on the one hand . . . on the other hand." I think that is generation X (a tad relativistic), professorial, & collaborative.8:54 PM Feb 25th from web
- Best line from Ash Wednesday service: Allan Poole on distractions that impede our relationship with Jesus, "What do you like the taste of?"8:44 PM Feb 25th from web